The steps involved in setting up the self registration process are relatively simple. You need to have administrative access and perform the following steps:
Enabling Self Registration
- Log in with administrative credentials
- Navigate to System Administration – System Configuration – UME Configuration
- Select Notification E-Mail tab
- Here you will be able to enable parameters that are associated with the self registration process – I won’t bother explaining which parameters should be enabled – all of them are self explanatory.
Assigning a default role to new users
Without completing this step the process will not take effect. Every new user must be associated with a default role, here’s how you go about accomplishing this.
- Navigate to User Administration
- Create a new role ZNEW_USER
- Select Assigned Actions tab
- Add a new action: Selfregister_User
Rebooting the SAP instance
The final step required in this process is the reboot of the server.