WebStorm is a keyboard-centric IDE. Most of the actions (navigation, refactoring, debugging, etc.) can be carried out without using a mouse, which lets dramatically increase coding speed. If you had used another IDE for a while and have memorized your favorite keyboard shortcuts, you can use them all in WebStorm.
All user-defined keymaps are stored in separate configuration files under the config/keymaps subdirectory in the WebStorm profile directory:
- Windows and *NIX systems: <User home>/.WebStorm<xx>/config/keymaps
Each keymap file contains only differences between the current and the parent keymaps.
Configuring the Shortcuts in the IDE
- Start with opening the Settings Dialog pannel using one of the of the following options
- Press: Ctrl+Alt+S
- On the main toolbar, click
- On the main menu, choose: File – Settings
- Press: Ctrl+Alt+A, type settings and press Enter Settings
- Select/Search for Keymap
- In the Keymap window search for Close locating the action Editor Tab – Close which should have an associated keyboard shortcut of Ctrl+F4
- Double click on the item opening the Enter Keyboard Shortcut window
- Hit the desired NEW keyboard shortcut
- Select the Ok button
- You will get the following warning: The shortcut is already assigned to other actions. Do you want to remove other assignments?
- Select the Removebutton
- Select Ok button on the main window