While creating standard SD Billing Documents with references to either Sales Order/Deliveries I kept running in to a problem: the dialog message at the bottom of the screen kept displaying the VF050 message “Document 90596335 saved (no accounting document generated).“.
I’ve tried looking at code in the RV_INVOICE_DOCUMENT_ADD function module but wasn’t able to get any results.
Finally, after some research I tried the following:
- Run transaction VFX3 for Release billing Documents for Accounting report
- Select any of the available Billing Documents and click the Release to Accounting button [green arrow]
- This resulted in a failure and allowed me to access the logs using the Notes button [Shift + F5]
- Here I was finally able to see the cause of the problem: “No taxes on sales/purch.are allowed for account xxxxxx YYY, O0 is not allowed“
- To fix that run transaction FS00 for Edit G/L Account Centrally
- Go to Control Data tab
- Change the Tax Category field to *
This fixed my problem, i was then able to release pending billing documents for Accounting and similarly when creating new Billing Documents from Sales Orders and Deliveries the system automatically generated a corresponding Accounting Documents.