I’ve been using the standard combination with the RF-602TX trigger and RF-602RX receivers with my old SB600 flashes. When I finally got around to purchasing a brand new YN560-III with a built in radio frequency receiver I was excited to say the least.
To my big disappointment when I popped in the batteries and tried to sync the two devices nothing was happening. I’ve read the menu, made sure that the channels were correct [even tried switching the channels] but nothing was working. In addition my old set up was working perfectly.
Finally I found a post online that talked about the actual solution to the problem. By default the new flash YN560-III comes configured to respond to the RF-603 devices. And that is why nothing was working.
This is what I had to do to change the default configuration:
- Power on the YN560-III unit
- Select the left-most two buttons activating the advanced menue
- Using the arrow keys cycle through to the “rF 603” display
- Once there use the arrow keys to switch the setting to 602
- Press the middle “ok” button
Once these steps are complete your flashes will work as expected.