Here are the steps that I’ve followed to create an emulator for Samsung Galaxy S4 smart phone device.
- Start Android Virtual Device Manager [AVD Manager]
- Select Device Definitions tab
- Click New Device
- Set Name, Screen Size, Resolution etc according to the device specifications. The figure below outlines the configurations that I’ve used to set up the Samsung Galaxy S4 device.
- Click Create Device
- Select Android Virtual Device tab
- Click New
- Set configurations outlined in the screen shot below. Please tick the Use Host GPU. Otherwise you will get a blank black screen when running the emulator.
- Click OK
Now the new AVD is ready for use. Good luck!